When products and services are equal in the sales world, what makes the difference? Is it the price? Sometimes …. but more often it is the sales person with the extra touch that makes the difference and wins the business. Being an effective sales person is the key.
So what makes one sales person more effective than another? To help determine your effectiveness as a sales person, compare yourself to this list of things that can make you more effective as a salesperson.
- Attitude is the number one determinate of effectiveness. Be Positive.
- Complete knowledge of your company’s products and services and have the ability to apply this knowledge.
- Complete awareness of delivery procedures and how to prevent problems.
- Complete knowledge of company policies and their application.
- Ability to relate to different personalities in a positive manner without letting feelings get in the way.
- Ability to listen and communicate in a positive manner.
- Willingness to do what it takes and to follow through and provide unbelievable service.
This list could go on and on, but I am sure you get the point. The effective salesperson is the one who develops his knowledge and skills beyond his competitor’s capability; the one who is willing to do what it takes to help his clients, his company and themselves all be winners. The key is that none of us are ever fully developed in our knowledge and abilities, we can all continue to improve. Being willing to win is simply a state of mind and a question we all have to answer many times.
Remember – Consistency is King, be at your best with every customer every time.
Looking for more great sales coaching tips, visit www.marellen.com
Sales Strategist Coach & Trainer
Ph +61(0)429 455 069